Friday, January 24, 2014

Apologies

I feel like I need to apologize for my little rant on Wednesday.  I'm sorry that I took to my blog to rant.  I should have used a little more restraint.  I was just so frustrated!  And so for those of you that have stuck around, I apologize and I'm glad you're still here.  And as for that whole messy situation, it turned out not to be as bad as I originally thought.  My husband went to talk to the gas station that the charge was made at and the manager told him to bring in a print off of the bank statement and they would take care of it.  He didn't have time to do it before he went to work so I had to do it after I got off work.  First, I went to the bank after work and got a new debit card.  They are able to print it off right in the bank now, so I didn't even have to go one day without a debit card.  Plus I got to pick a pretty picture to put on my card.  And the best part?  Since the card number is entirely different, I was able to use the same PIN number without comproming the integrity of our card!  Woo Hoo!  Then I went to get my free birthday cupcake at a shop downtown (I had been waiting for them to have Mocha Cappucino cupcakes!) to console myself with after I talked to the manager.  If you know me personally, you will know how very hard something like this is for me.  I do not do any kind of confrontation at all.  None.  Nope.  But if I know that I really need to do it, I can usually work myself up to being able to do it.  And then I console myself with cupcakes.  :)  So I mustered every ounce of courage that I could and went into the store and asked for the manager...  And she was gone for the day.  Whew!  I was given a stay of execution.  And since I was off work on Thursday and wasn't going to be going into town, Kevin was going to have to take care of it. Works for me!  I still ate the cupcake though to reward myself for mustering up the courage to go in.  After all, it wasn't MY fault that the manager wasn't there. And so Kevin took the statement up yesterday and spoke to the manager.  Apparently we weren't the only person complaining of that same problem on that same day.  The manager thinks that maybe an employee was doing something they shoudn't.  So she apologized and gave us back the money!  Thank you, Father!  It may seem like a little thing, but that $58 is a big thing for us.  And it is such a load off my back that we were able to get that taken care of. 

Now back to the spending fast.  Let me get you caught up real fast...

Jan 16 - $ 6.98 at Walgreens for cold medicine
Jan 17 - $23.55 gas for my car
               $10 for my boss's retirement gift
Jan 18 - $81 for two week's worth of groceries
Jan 21 - $37.50 gas for hubby's car
               $5.84 hubby forgot his lunch (again!)
Total -   $164.87

Total as of Jan 24 - $410.58
(I know this sounds like a lot, but it is really a lot better for us, I promise!  Plus we have had some unexpected expenses that could not be avoided.)

I think we are starting to get a little antsy with the spending fast.  The hubs and I both seem to be itching to buy something, anything!  Well, not anything.  I want to get started on Ella's birthday party preparations.  Oh, and go out to eat!  Everything tastes better when I don't have to cook it or clean up after it!  :)  But I am determined to go the long haul.  I WILL make it to the end of the month.  Only 1 more week!  We can do this!!!

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!! You are so close. I am proud of you. And, hey, I am so with you - you can't let a good cupcake go to waste just because the manager wasn't there. I hope you enjoyed every delectable morsel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aunt Tammie! I did enjoy every, single crumb! I may have even licked the icing off the wrapper, but don't tell anyone. 😊

    ReplyDelete