Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Monday... again.

Happy Monday everyone!  I can be happy because today is kind of my Friday.  I worked this weekend so I am off tomorrow.  But... I will get a Monday on Wednesday, so don't be too jealous. 

This weekend was crazy busy here at the hospital.  I didn't get any breaks yesterday so I was really hungry by the time I left.  I REALLY wanted to stop and get something to eat (and drink!  I had drank all of my water a few hours before I got off work) on my way home.  And one part of my brain kept telling me that I would be completely justified if I did, but I really wanted to stick to our spending fast.  So I just high tailed it home and found myself something to eat there!  I was pretty proud of myself.  Before this month, I would have stopped without a second thought and gotten myself some expensive, fat-laden food to make me feel better after my stressful day. But not this day!  But this experience did help me to realize something in myself.  I tend to eat (especially bad things) when I am stressed out or tired.  I tell myself that I deserve that bag of chips or those cookies because I had a rough day.  I need to find something else to soothe my nerves rather than food.  That's not good for my budget or my waist line.  I have signed up for an online bible study group.  Next week we are starting a study on a book called Made to Crave.  This book is supposed to help people break addictions and instead channel that energy, or cravings, into a craving for God.  It sounds exactly like what I need, don't you think?  I am really excited to get started.  I guess I should get my hands on the book soon...

I also remembered that I had a coupon from my employer for a free turkey for the holidays.  I found the coupon (in the bottom of the black pit otherwise known as my purse) and discovered that it was going to expire today!  So I stopped by Price Cutter on my way home on Saturday and got a 13.5 pound turkey and a can of frozen OJ (my family sure needs the vitamin C right now) and spent a whopping $3.01!!!  That will easily be several meals for my family and all I had to pay was sales tax.  Woo Hoo!  And what's even better, is that $3 was the only money we spent all weekend.  I call that a win!

Well, I should probably get back to work.  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that your week turns out to be even better.  See you back here soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of you! Resisting the urge to buy something on your way home from work is a significant victory! Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete