Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Halfway through! Woo Hoo!

We have made it half way through our spending fast! Go us! We may not have done as well as I had hoped we would, but I am still proud. Even if we haven’t saved as much money as we could have, we have learned a lot about our spending habits, and that is half the battle won. Plus we are only half way throug h the month. Who knows what we will be able to accomplish in the second half of the month???

We had to register and pay the sales tax on my new car on Monday. Yikes! Who knew it would be so expensive. But in part because of the money we have saved we were able to pay it with only a few heart palpitations. J On the home front, I did feel rather proud of myself on Monday. I had a couple of kid-free hours (it’s a miracle!) and I made myself very useful in the kitchen. Not only did I clean everything up, but I also prepped several meals for later in the week. I made two batches of meatloaf. One went in the fridge for dinner one night this week and the other went in the freezer for use in the future. I also made casserole for dinner Monday night and a breakfast casserole to reheat for breakfasts. And I browned a couple of pounds of hamburger for super quick dinners on busy nights. Yay me! The only problem? After I did all this (when I was attempting to cook the casserole) I discovered that the heating element in my oven had gone out. Boo! So I can’t bake any of the yummy food that I have prepared. Luckily, my very handy husband thinks he will be able to replace the broken part himself. But since we shelled out all our money to the DMV earlier this week, we have to wait until payday to pick up the part. This bump in my beautiful meal plan has made me very tempted to have Kevin pick up something on his way home from work, but so far I have been able to resist. I think I am going to take my meatloaf over to my in-laws house tonight to cook it up. It just looks to yummy to resist!

Wish me luck for tomorrow. I am going to need some extra will power for sure! A has an art show at his daycare starting at 5 (but daddy won’t get off work until 5:30), which means that I will have to hang out in town for a couple of hours after I get off work. It is going to be hard for me to find something to do that does not involve buying something, or eating something. I’m planning to pack myself a little snack to eat after work so hopefully I won’t be tempted to grab a bite to eat. Plus I do have a coupon for a free concrete at Andy’s for my birthday! But I really do not know what I am going to do with my time. I could go to Hobby Lobby and start looking at things for E’s birthday party next month, but I’m afraid that is going to be more temptation that I can handle. Know what I mean? Hmmm… Maybe I can find a warm place somewhere and just read my book. We will see. Either way, wish me will power! Thanks!

I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!

Jan 13 -
gas for K's car - $ 34

Total as of Jan 15 - $ 245.71


No comments:

Post a Comment