Friday, January 17, 2014

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone!  I am super excited about this weekend.  It is my hubby's last weekend off before he starts his new schedule and will be working every weekend.  :(  Plus the weather is supposed to warm up some and it should be nice.  I am hoping to get the baseboards from the dining room painted.  Wish me luck!

Speaking of luck, all the luck you guys wished me yesterday must have worked.  I was in Hobby Lobby for an hour and guess how much money I spent?  Not a penny!   I was so proud of myself!  I got lots of ideas and took tons of pictures to jog my memory later, but I didn't by anything!  That right there is a miracle in and of itself!  Want to know my secret?  I really didn't think I could resist the temptation, so I left my purse in the car and I didn't even get a cart!  I couldn't buy something even if I wanted to.  Which it's a good thing I took those precautions because I found these absolutely adorable napkins that would be perfect for E's birthday party and I totally would have bought them if I had had my purse.  I love them so much that I dreamt about them last night!  I will most likely be camping out on Hobby Lobby's door on February 1st to pick them up.  :)  And packing a snack kept me from being tempted to stop and gete something to eat.  Go me!

As far as the spending fast is going, hubby had a little hiccup on Wednesday.  He got hungry at work (even though I had made breakfast casserole for him, but who's keeping track?) so he bought a bagel and cream cheese.  And yesterday I had to go to Walgreens to get some more sinus medicine so I can sleep.  Sleep is important!  I also got $10 cash at Walgreens so that I can contribute to a retirement present for my boss.  We are getting her a kitchenaid mixer!  I love my kitchenaid!

I am really starting to get a little freaked out about E's birthday party.  It is 5 weeks from this weekend and I haven't started anything!  Well, I have designed the invitations and with any luck at all, I will get them in the mail this weekend.  But I had better get started on the rest of it.  First up - a budget and a plan!  Let the list making begin!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  If the weather is nice where you are, enjoy it!  If not, well, I'm sorry.  It is January after all. :)  I am going to try to enjoy the last weekend of having the whole family at home.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment