Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6

Thanks for stopping by!  Today is day 6 of our 31 day spending fast.  Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days, it was a busy weekend at my house.  Unfortunately, I cannot say that we have gone 6 days without spending money.  Eventually money has to be spent.  My hubby and I got a lovely evening out on Saturday for my birthday.  We went to a movie (we were planning to use a gift certificate, but left it at home.  Oops!) and out to a fabulous Japanese steakhouse for dinner.  We should have picked the kids up on our way home since we knew a winter storm was coming in, but the lure of a completely kid-free evening and morning proved stronger than common sense. 

We did do the grocery shopping while we were out without children.  We were not able to keep it under our $50 budget, but we didn't do too badly.  I was never really sure if $50 was feasible, since I have honestly never paid much attention to how much anything costs.  We got the things I needed for two weeks worth of meals (theoretically speaking) and we only spent $56.65.  Not too shabby!  Much better than the $200+ we would usually spend.  Overall, I am pleased with how our first week of grocery shopping went.  We also had to fill the RAV4 up while we were out.

Yesterday was my birthday and also "snowpocalypse"!  I would have liked nothing better than to stay snuggled up on the couch with a blanket, good book, and a cup of tea all day, but we since our good reason had taken a vacation Saturday night, we had to venture out to fetch our children.  It was quite the adventure and we ended up having to call in back up, my father-in-law in his four wheel drive truck.  But in the end, we managed to make it all home safely and I got to enjoy a nice big piece of my homemade birthday cake.  Yellow cake, with chocolate ganache filling, and chocolate buttercream icing.  Yum!

It was back to work today.  My husband started a new job today (Congratulations, honey!) and he was able to bring me to work so I didn't have to get my baby, I mean my Prius, out in this ick.  He's on his way to come get me now and then we will go get our muchkins.  Wish us luck! 

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe weekend.  Try to stay warm, I know I will!

Saturday
movie: $15 (no snacks)
dinner: $52.15 (but SO worth it!)
grocery shopping: $56.65
TOTAL:  123.80

Sunday:
gas for RAV4: $34.43

Total as of Jan 5:  $158.23

No comments:

Post a Comment